Ladybrille® Blogazine

FOR PRESS RELEASES

Monday, February 9, 2009

And the Winner of a Free ticket + 1 for a Guest to the ThisDay/Arise Magazine African Fashion Collective 2009 Show is . . .


Congratulations to Kahindo Mateene who is the winner of 1 free ticket to the African Fashion Collective Show, 2009.

She had this to say,

"I have been an avid reader of LadyBrille. I always turn to you when I want to see the latest fashion shows coming out of Joburg and Cape Town Fashion weeks as well as to stay up-to date on my fellow African designers around the Diaspora. And that's why I would like to win this ticket to attend the Fall 2009 ThisDay/Arise Magazine: African Fashion Collective Show. I am an Afri-chic emerging designer. In the past couple of years so many doors have been closed to me (Project Runway, Chicago Fashion Incubator), but I feel that 2009 all my passion, hard work and creativity will start to pay off. I met with the Director of Fashion, Chicago department of cultural Affairs, yesterday and her feedback was truly eye-opening.
It has made me want this, to be a successful Fashion Designer, even more. I believe that I will be able to make valuable contacts within the African Fashion Industry, because I know that with every fashion party comes the opportunity to network. But to see the work of African designers on such a world stage would be inspiring motivating and just AMAZING. I'm young - 6 years in the business, and I know I can learn a lot from my fellow designers. The opportunity to meet them would be AMAZING.

0 comments:

Theme images by Jason Morrow. Powered by Blogger.

© 2007-2017 Ladybrille® Blogazine, All Rights Reserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena