Ladybrille® Blogazine

FOR PRESS RELEASES

Friday, January 19, 2007

Fashion Shopping Ghanian Style!

What is the first thing Ladybrille does even before she gets to do all the tourist stuff in Ghana? Find the closest mall/boutique/fashion market and shop, shop, shop! Talking with the locals, I kept hearing two names pop up: "Woodin" and the "Center for National Culture Textiles Market" aka the Art Center in Osu, Accra. Osu was my first stop: The fun was not only making some great purchases: tote bags, clutches, necklaces and some Ghanian colorful fabrics to design my own wear, I also got to do the haggling thing. Ladies,especially my African sistas, y'all know what I'm talking 'bout. You can't go to the market and not do the bargain thing. Oh no, no, no! What fun would that be?


For contemporary modern silhouettes cut out of African Fabrics, Woodin is the spot


The Art Center is fun with all the great negotiations and seeing some of Ghana's Fashion culture



The clothing fabrics here are cool plus you can get pure leather products such as purses, handbags, totes

I purchased some of these bags.

There are surrounding villages that you can go to to purchase these items at a fraction of the cost in the city and see the cratfmanship .
Theme images by Jason Morrow. Powered by Blogger.

© 2007-2017 Ladybrille® Blogazine, All Rights Reserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena