Ladybrille® Blogazine

FOR PRESS RELEASES

Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Intervention by T-Church

Once a man touched me.
He didn't love me,but he touched me.
He didn't know me, but he touched me.
HE
TOUCHED
ME.
I'm not the only woman who felt this
DISRESPECT
THIS HATE
THIS FEAR
THIS EMBARRASSMENT.

I'd never wish this on an ememy or a friend.

I JUST WANT A RELEASE FROM
THE
BONDAGE!

THE
INSECURITES
that came along with these
UNWANTED FINGERTIPS.

PERVERTED EYES.

TONGUE WOVEN WITH LIES.

I've walked through life replacing my birth name with "VICTIM."

MY INNOCENCE RECIEVED SO MANY STICHES.

MY SELF ESTEEM PLUMETED SO LOW IT WAS TOPPED WITH CEMENT;

AND

I'M A GROWN WOMAN AND THESE ARE THE COLDEST TEARS I'VE EVER CRIED.

AND

I ASKED THE LORD, "WHY WAS I PLACED IN THIS SITUATION?"

He responded and said,

"Your surroundings weren't in tune with me to receive my discretion

and

to see the threat

and

to receive the message of despair to come.

But, now that it is done,

allow my robe to cover all man-made wounds that thou hast received.

I'll mend eyes and heart if only you'll "believe."

Breaking the shackles into tiny coins like pieces so you can make the "change."

Empowering you to do away with bitterness and pride so you can live a new life.

Free from the cuts of the world.

If your search is for comfort, you can lay in me.

Giving you peace and serenity.

Your journey will be abundantly blessed.

Just trust in me.

You were once torn and abused

BUT

NOW, YOU ARE HEALED."

~T.Church

Toya Thomas is a regular Ladybrille contributor covering fashion, urban life and giving us uplifting and inspiring poetry. Toya performs her poetry on many stages around the country and her stage name is T-Church.

Photo credit:
Steve Hudson Photography

0 comments:

Theme images by Jason Morrow. Powered by Blogger.

© 2007-2017 Ladybrille® Blogazine, All Rights Reserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena