Ladybrille® Blogazine

FOR PRESS RELEASES

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Here's to Your Health! Breast Cancer Awareness Month

The fact that October is breast cancer month has not been lost on us here at Ladybrille. Not at all! Indeed I recall in 1996 when I did a self examination and found a lump on my left breast. Was I worried? You bet. I'm a fix it kind of woman. I immediately had a breast biopsy and thankfully the lump/cyst was benign. Since then, I have lost an aunt to breast cancer and have a few friends in my life who have lost loved ones to breast cancer.


Therefore, for breast cancer month, it was extremely important to me to not just encourage you to do your regular self examination and get your mammograms, especially if you are over 40 or have a high risk for the disease. I really wanted you to understand the importance of attitude and lifestyle change even if you have just been diagnosed. There is HOPE and you can be HAPPY whether you are currently going through it or whether your mother, grandmother, sister, sister in-law, cousin, aunty or girlfriend is going through or has gone through it.


As luck will have it, I spoke with a Liberian-American acquaintance of mine, Cynthia, and she recommended Donna Green-Goodman. Goodman is a breast cancer survivor, a health professional and the author of "Somethin' to Shout About." Her story was published in the August 1999 issue of Essence Magazine and remains highly relevant for us all. I read through her book and was impressed by her honesty and candidness about the disease she had and how she got the victory over it. So here is to your health! Be inspired by Donna's experience. But after the inspiration, tears e.t.c. GET UP AND CHANGE YOUR LIFE! The power is in your hands.




Remain Blessed!




Uduak

0 comments:

Theme images by Jason Morrow. Powered by Blogger.

© 2007-2017 Ladybrille® Blogazine, All Rights Reserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena